We have 2 teachers:
Miss Birch (who teaches Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays)
Mrs O’Rourke (Mondays and Tuesdays)
We are very lucky to have Mrs Lambert as our Teaching Assistant to help us.
We enjoy practical learning in maths, as it helps us to understand what we are working on. We also like to do lots of practical science.
In our class we learn about mindfulness and meditation to help us relax and to help us to understand each other and ourselves.
In our literacy we love listening to and reading stories, then acting them out. We then use these ideas in our own work.
Our topic work this term is about ‘Extreme Survival’. We will be learning to:
- How to us a range of maps and atlases to locate hot and cold areas
- How to explain why some areas are very hot and very cold
- Describing what life is like in those places (in terms of people, animals and vegetation)
- Consider how people and animals adapt to their environment to survive
· The importance of shelter, food and clean water for survival